Sunday, September 22, 2019

Baby Baths in a Farmhouse Sink (Part 1)


 So, how adorable are these photos? I might have fallen into the depths of consumerism and the quest for a "perfect" home but bathing our firstborn in this sink would be dreamy. The only problem is, well, the cost of course but also how on earth do you retrofit one of these massive buggers into a space surrounded by 80's cabinetry and laminate counter-tops? 

I thought about this for some time and the solution appeared. I have matching trim I removed when I installed our pendant light. It was a useless decorative trim piece but I'm glad I didn't throw it away because it's a perfect match. Not only that but when I bought our (new-old) stainless fridge this past spring I had to take out the small cabinets above it because the fridge didn't fit. 

So then it just becomes a question of framing up the sink to support the weight and reconfiguring the smaller cabinet door faces underneath. Typically, on a lot of these farmhouse sink posts, you'll see that they just added a curtain down there but with a baby on the way, we're going to want some doors we can child lock!


Coming Soon...Part 2...The countertop issue.












1 comment:

Baby Baths in a Farmhouse Sink (Part 1)   So, how adorable are these photos? I might have fallen into the depths of consumerism and the...